Sundays at this farmish place are reserved for Scribbles - short, random musings that collect while my mind has time to wander on this day of (supposed) rest. Enjoy, and feel free to add your own in the comments.
1. Long time readers of this blog will remember that at one time we had ducks. After that experience, I swore up and down I would never ever have the messy trouble making things again. Ever.
2. And while I have stuck to my "never ever" promise and we have since remained duckless, I will say that I've started referring to certain caprines that live in our barn as ducks with horns.
3. Our goats Willy, Waylon, and Luna have done more Three Stooges acts in the past couple weeks than I can count on my digits. Did you know when you're filling a tote with water, a goat will grab the hose and run around with it? Did you know that if a goat gets ahold of a box of baby wipes she will pull them out, one by one, until she has decorated her stall with them?
4. Our goats just had a run in with a nasty bout of diarrhea (coccidia). They got baths and were locked in the chickenless chicken yard to graze and dry off. Did you know that they can pick the lock, enter the chicken coop, and eat all the chicken feed before you get back to check on them?
5. Oh, naughty ducks with horns. Your saving grace is that even though you're naughty, you're way cuter than any waddling feathered thing could be. Well, that...and you're too big to be chomped up by snapping turtles. :)